REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES
for manuscript submission to the journal "Azerbaijan Journal of Physiology"
The journal publishes previously unpublished (except Abstracts) articles that are not in the process of being submitted for publication in other journals and books, original articles in the field of experimental and clinical physiology, and articles that reflect the results of biochemical, genetic, and biophysical interdisciplinary research related to physiological science.
The journal does not publish articles in which the position of the authors does not coincide with the position of the editors, as well as serial articles under the headings "in previous issues", and "in the next issue".
Manuscripts written in English are accepted for publication. The research articles should be 4–10 pages, and the review articles should be no more than 12 pages.
- STRUCTURE OF THE ARTICLES:
Experimental articles should be divided into the following subsections:
MATERIALS AND METHODS
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
- The INTRODUCTION should contain a brief review of works performed in the past 5–10 years concerning the research and its actuality (the introduction should not exceed 15–25% of the total volume of the article).
- The research object and methods implemented must be clearly specified in the MATERIALS AND METHODS. The model and manufacture country of equipment and devices used during research work must be specified. Research work involving animals must be carried out in accordance with bioethical guidelines for the handling of laboratory animals. The results should be statistically processed, and contain information on the number of observations, average values of indicators and their variability, and the statistical criteria used.
- The course of the research, the results of the own research, and their discussion are presented in the RESULTS AND DISCUSSION Tables, graphs, diagrams, and figures can be used to illustrate the research results.
- At the end of the article, a scientific CONCLUSION should be clearly formulated, including the scientific novelty of the work, the importance of application, economic efficiency, etc.
- Acknowledgments for the support of research by individuals or scientific institutions and the name of the funds (number of grants) that funded them can be placed under a separate heading at the end of the article (before the List of References).
The division of the article into subsections in review articles is left to the author's discretion.
- GUIDELINES FOR COMPILATION OF THE ARTICLES:
The text of the entire article is printed in Times New Roman-12 font with a single interval. A4 format. Margins: top and bottom - 2.5 cm, left and right - 2 cm.
- The article must include UDC or PACS
- Article title
- Initials and Last name(s) of the author(s) (P. Last name(s))
- The article must indicate author(s) affiliation, the address(s) of the institution(s), and author(s) e‑mail(s).
- Abstract of the article (900-1800 characters (without spaces))
- Keywords should be presented in 3 languages (in the language of the article and 2 languages of summaries).
- The main text of the article is presented in 2 columns. Columns of equal width and 8.1 cm, and 0.8 cm distance between them. Aligned to the borders.
- SECTION HEADINGS. Font: BOLD UPPERCASE.
- The Summary (i.e. xülasə, резюме) should be added at the end of the article (after the REFERENCES) in two languages different from the language of the article (in Azerbaijani and Russian for articles written in English). The article's abstract must be identical in 3 languages and correspond to the article's content. The summary should reflect the scientific conclusion of the author or authors, the scientific novelty of the work, the importance of implementation, etc. The summary should be carefully edited from a scientific and grammatical point of view.
- The title of the article, the FULL name of the author(s), the name(s) of the scientific institution where the work was done, and keywords should be written in 3 LANGUAGES.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR ILLUSTRATIONS, FORMULAS AND TABLES:
- The word "Table", its number, and title should be written above the table. Links to tables in the text should be given in the following form: (Table 1), etc.
- Figures, diagrams, and graphs in the text should be unified as Figures. The word "Figure", its number, and title should be placed under the figure. Links to figures in the text should be given in the following form: (Fig. 1), etc.
- Graphs must be compiled using appropriate graphic software (MS Excel, Origin, etc.). Graphs must be presented separately in xlsx format, etc.
- Pictures should be placed in the text following processing using appropriate photo editors. Separately presented pictures should be submitted in jpeg, tiff, bmp, pdf, or other formats, and the resolution should not be less than 300 dpi.
- Chemical formulas must be drawn using appropriate software such as SymyxDraw, ChemDraw, ChemOffice, etc., and mathematical formulas - using MS Equation, MathType formula editors, etc.
- Abbreviations and abbreviations used in the article must be deciphered immediately after the first mention. Exceptions are generally accepted abbreviations (DNA, cm, m, kg, g, γ, μ, etc.). In numbers, decimal places must be separated by a period, not a comma. Example: 5.4±0.5; p<0.05.
- REFERENCE CITATION AND COMPILATION OF THE REFERENCE LIST:
- The article should contain links to scientific sources related to the topic of the article. References should include more than 70% of scientific articles, monographs, and other sources over the past 5-10 years. Information about each reference in the bibliography must be complete and accurate.
- Links in the text should be given in square brackets (for example,  or [1, p.119]).
- Sources in the list of references should be arranged in alphabetical order. References should be presented in the original language. In the case where a cited source is in Russian or other languages, it must also be duplicated in English [the title of the article in square brackets] and/or transliterated (written in Latin script).
- The structure of links to articles (abstracts) is as follows: Last name(s) and initials of the author(s) (Last name(s) FP). Title of the article (abstracts). Journal (or Conference), year; volume (number): pages.
- The structure of references to the books est. is as follows: Last name(s) and initials of the author(s) of the book (Last name(s) FP). The Title of the book. Edition Place of publication – City: Publisher; Year of publication. Pages p. If literary sources have a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) on the Internet, add the link in the end.
The author(s) on the journal's website must fill out and confirm the electronic version of the Questionnaire in which they: give their consent to the publication of their article by the journal; confirm that the submitted article has not been previously published (with the exception of Abstracts); that an article in any language has not been submitted to another journal at the same time; and indicate in which institution this research work was carried out.
Authors, before sending the article to the Editor Board, should carefully check their manuscript for plagiarism and grammatical and stylistic errors.
Manuscripts for publication should be sent to the editorial board on the “Make a Submission” page of the website: https://ajp.az.
Editorial Board Address:
78 Sharifzade Street Baku AZ1100 Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan Physiological Society, Academician Abdulla Garayev Institute of Physiology
Tel.: (+99412) 432-15-20
Manuscripts not compiled in accordance with the requirements of the journal will not be accepted for publication.
The articles are published after the Editorial board's decision based on positive feedback from anonymous reviewers.
The Journal is published twice a year.